I am seeking your support for a position on the Ontario Caucus of FCM.
Reeve Glenn Doncaster was born in North Bay, Ontario and was raised in Deep River, Ontario, located approximately 190 km northwest of the City of Ottawa located along the beautiful Ottawa River. Glenn is a graduate of Mackenzie High School and Control Data Institute. He resides in Deep River with his three daughters Megan, Autumn and Melina and two grandsons Spencer and Lance. For the past 20 years Glenn has owned and operated a number of successful business ventures across Renfrew, Pontiac and Lanark Counties.
Glenn was first elected to Deep River Council in 1997 and served thirteen years on Deep River Council, two terms as a Councillor and two subsequent terms as Deputy Mayor. Following a four year break from municipal politics in 2010, Glenn returned as Reeve with the Town of Deep River in 2014.
Community service and involvement are of the utmost importance for Glenn, having served as the President of both the Chamber of Commerce and Deep River & Area Minor Hockey. He has Chaired the Deep River Police Services Board and also sat on the Board of Directors of the North Renfrew Long Term Care Centre. Glenn brings his wealth of business and municipal experience to the County of Renfrew Council table and is committed to enhancing the lives of all residents of Renfrew County.
In addition to his public service as an elected municipal official, Glenn also serves as the Director of a mission group “Floors for Families” that travels to the Yamasa area of the Dominican Republic annually to install cement floors in homes of families in need. Over the past 19 years this mission group has impacted the lives of thousands of people with the provision of new cement floor in their homes.
Currently an FCM Non-Board Committee Member:
- Standing Committee on International Relations/ Comité permanent des relations internationales
- Standing Committee on Environmental Issues and Sustainable
Development / Questions environnementales et développement durable
- Rural Forum / Forum Rural
- Ontario Regional Caucus / Caucus régional de l'Ontario
County of Renfrew:
- Vice - Chair / Finance & Administration Committee
- Member County of Renfrew Health Committee
- County Representative on the Ottawa Valley Tourist Association
Town of Deep River:
- Chair - Public Works & Planning Committee
- Former Chair of Finance & Administration Committee
- Former Chair and Member of Municipal Recreation Committee
- Municipal Representative / CANHC—Canadian Association of Nuclear Host Communities
- Member of NWMO Municipal Forum / Nuclear Waste Management Organization
Let us strive, together, to build stronger communities and improve the lives of all Canadians, one day at a time!
“Working together to strengthen communities and build a nation”