Re-Elect Josh Morgan for FCM Board of Directors – Ontario Caucus
As the current Chair of FCM’s Community Safety and Crime Prevention Committee and the Vice-Chair of our FCM Election Readiness Working Group, I know how important our work is to securing sustainable investments in vital infrastructure, such as transit and broadband as well as modernizing the relationship with our federal partners. I am committed to the time, effort and determination needed to get this job done.
Our incredible municipal partnership is strengthened by our diversity, from the smallest rural municipality to the largest cities. I am fully committed to respecting and embracing the diverse perspectives from the communities and the people that empower FCM to achieve for its members. That means we need to consult and listen as much as we lead and speak. I fully support that leadership approach and I look forward to engaging with you to continue to build a modern, effective, representative organization. I truly believe that, together, we can achieve the type of modern, mature intergovernmental partnerships that we need to tackle the current challenges communities are facing.
Those who know me know that I am an honest, straightforward person who is focused on results. Today, I am asking for you to support once again to serve on the Board of the FCM.
If we have not connected yet, or if you have any questions at all. Please do not hesitate to send me a message.
About Josh Morgan:
I grew up in rural Ontario near a small town called Camlachie. I came to London to complete degrees in Economics and Political Science and I currently manage the Local Government Program at Western University. On London City Council, I currently serve as the Budget Chair and Chair of our Governance Working Group.
As a City Councillor in London, Ontario I know the importance of regional partnerships and the critical role rural municipalities play in the economic success of our region. I fully support bilingualism and I continue to work on my French language skills.
- Elected Member, Board of Directors, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (2018-Present)
- Chair, Community Safety and Crime Prevention Committee (2019-Present)
- Vice-Chair, Election Reediness Working Group (2018-Present)
- City Councillor, City of London, Ontario (2014-2022)
- Recruitment and Development Officer of the Local Government Program at Western University. The program educates current and future municipal leaders in the field of public administration.
- City Councillor, City of London (2014-2022)
- Budget Chair, City of London (2019-Present)
- Mayor's Appointed Adviser on the 2016-2019 Multi-Year Budget (London's First Multi-Year Budget)
- Chair, Corporate Services Committee (2016, 2019; Vice-Chair 2017-2018)
- Chair, Governance Working Group (2019-Present; Vice-Chair 2015-2018)
- Chair, Community and Protective Services Committee (2014-2015)
- Vice-Chair, Public Utilities Commission (2014-2018)
- Chair, London Public Library Board (2010-2013)
- President, Western Fair Association Programming Council (2011-2013)
- President, Optimist Club of Oakridge Acres (2008)
- Chair, Time Capsule Project, City of London Celebrate 150 Committee (2005)
- President, Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (2002-2003)