Representing Halton Region, I am wrapping up my first term as an Ontario caucus member on the FCM Board and I hope I can count on your vote.
Prior to being elected to public office in 2018, I was a foreign service officer representing Canada internationally. This experience has served me well in representing FCM and its members to the federal government.
As one of the younger board members, and representing an area that is both rural and urban, I hope to bring diverse perspectives to the board table and to maintain the important momentum gained by FCM over the past year. Please see below for an outline of my experience and watch for the link to my video.
- Board Member
- Vice-Chair, Standing Committee on International Relations
- Governance Representative - Partnerships for Municipal Innovation: Local Economic Development
- Brought forward new policy for FCM on supporting a fair market for e-book sales to Canadian libraries -- approved by the board in March 2020.
- Successfully lobbied members of parliament to support municipalities with emergency funding and other FCM policy priorities, including rural broadband (six meetings, three with ministers).
- Worked with colleagues on the Standing Committee on International Relations to ensure results-based programming geared towards the federal government’s priorities.
- We must keep working with the federal government to ensure sustainable funding for our local governments through the pandemic and recovery.
- Rural broadband internet is more important than ever and we need results from the federal government.
- A strong recovery depends on municipal infrastructure funding to deliver for Canadians.
- Chair, Corporate Services, Strategy, Risk & Accountability Committee
- Vice-Chair, Community Planning, Regulation and Mobility Committee
- Member, Board of Directors, Conservation Halton
- Member, Board of Directors, Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Council liaison to the Mundialization Committee, City of Burlington
- Council liaison to the Heritage Committee, City of Burlington
- Member, Bay Area Advisory Committee
More about me:
- Foreign Service Officer with 11 years’ experience at Global Affairs Canada prior to becoming a Councillor for the City of Burlington and the Region of Halton in 2018.
- Negotiated in Canada’s interest at the UN, NATO and the Community of Democracies.
- Co-founder of the One Burlington Festival, a multicultural, inter-faith festival (chair, 2017-2018).
- Recipient, Burlington150 Award for community service.
- Born in North York, ON, my family lived in Beeton during my early childhood years before moving to Burlington in 1989 to be closer to my grandparent’s farm near Tillsonburg.
- Hobbies include playing sports, travelling, visiting with family and friends.
- Recent hobbies include staying at home, mowing the lawn, and watching Netflix with my fiancée.
- Recently became proficient in Zoom, Microsoft Teams and muting/unmuting.
Thank you for your consideration; don’t hesitate to reach out!
City and Regional Councillor, Ward 3
City Hall, 426 Brant Street, P.O. Box 5013, Burlington, ON L7R 3Z6
t: 905-335-7600 x 7459 | f: 905-335-7881 | e: email@example.com
To stay connected: