Seeking re-election for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities Board of Directors, Ontario Caucus serving my fourth term as a Councillor in the Town of Collingwood. Ensuring that the small urban voice continues to be heard at the FCM table is a priority for me while finding solutions for all Canadian communities. See my video for further information.
FCM Board of Directors
2006-2010, 2015 - 2017, 2018 - 2020
Leadership roles at FCM over the years serving on the FCM National Board of Directors in the following capacities:
- Chair, Municipal Finance & Intergovernmental Arrangements (4 years; Vice Chair 2 years)
- Chair, Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development
- Chair, Governance Working Group
- Chair, Joint Working Group on International Trade
- Chair, Joint Working Group on Economic Development
Other Appointments by the FCM President:
- Member of the Governance Review Task Force
Served on each of the National Standing Committees at least once throughout my tenure.
Additionally, participated on the Women's Committee, Conference Planning and the Election Readiness Working Group.
Priorities serving FCM:
- Evolving the Federation to maximize its effectiveness in an ever changing political environment..
- Keeping FCM affordable for all communities in Canada.
- Ensuring resources for communities are current, timely and helpful for our varied demographics.
Municipal Leadership (Town of Collingwood)
- Chair, Collingwood Police Services Board
- Steering Committee Member, Collingwood World Summit in partnership with UN Habitat (Demonstration Hub, Sustainable Goal 11)
- Council Appointment, COVID Economic Support and Recovery Task Force
- Chair, Development & Operations Committee, Town of Collingwood
- Chair, Town of Collingwood Strategic Planning Committee
- Chair, Town of Collingwood Sustainable Community Plan
More than 30 years of volunteerism as:
- Director, Collingwood General and Marine Hospital
- Director, Collingwood General and Marine Hospital Foundation
- Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Home Horizon/Barbara Weider House, Youth Transitional Housing
- Chair, 2008 Ontario Paralympic Winter Championships
- Life Member, Kinette Club of Collingwood
- Past National President, Kinsmen & Kinette Clubs of Canada (Kin Canada)
- President, Collingwood Minor Hockey Association
As a strong advocate of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities I believe that the Federation advocacy on behalf of our Canadian communities has never shone brighter than during this past year-to-date. A modernized relationship directly from communities to the Federal Government has never been more critical in the wake of the pandemic and is a must to evolve successfully to ensure healthy communities solving locally the National challenges they all face daily.
Please vote Kathy Jeffery, Director, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (Ontario Caucus).