Reporting to the Senior Manager, Special Programs, the Assistant, GMF Operations and LC3 provides direct administrative and operational assistance to the Operations Unit and the Low Carbon Cities Canada Program. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support, including monitoring and maintaining calendars and daily schedules, assessing priorities, coordinating and supporting meeting and event logistics, preparing documents, taking meeting minutes, and helping with communications, workshops and materials production to support unit staff.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Unit, which includes monitoring and maintaining calendars and daily schedules, assessing priorities, coordinating and scheduling meetings, preparing documents and other relevant information in line with those priorities, etc.
- Provides administrative support in the daily operations and activities of the unit, which includes file management, note taking, booking meetings, coordinating translation, tracking weekly team updates, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Responsible for taking the meeting minutes for LC3 Committee meetings.
- Monitors and manages incoming correspondences (such as mail and email) as needed.
- Prepares, reviews and/or provides feedback for outgoing correspondence and documents, as requested.
- Provides support for weekly team meetings and annual team planning retreats (scheduling, booking rooms/venues, taking minutes, maintaining rolling agenda, etc.)
- Coordinates all travel, meeting and conference logistics for Unit staff. Prepares relevant materials and tracks expenditures in relation to travel and meeting logistics.
- Establishes and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for effective record keeping and efficient retrieval of information. Ensures proper disposal of documents that are no longer required in accordance with the FCM records retention policy.
- Verifies, codes, and processes invoices and expense claims. Ensures financial guidelines and any terms of contracts are respected.
- Coordinates set-up and orientation (onboarding) for new staff.
- Provides back-up support to the GMF Administrative Assistants and to the Receptionist, as required.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of GMF administrative office staff.
- Supports management with budget entries and tracking of expense claims and other budget items.
- May be called upon to undertake projects or other administrative duties as needed.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary education in administration, project management or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing administrative support and exceptional client service in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with meeting minute taking
- Proficient in the use of software including Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with a Customer relationship Management (CRM) system is considered an asset.
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and manage multiple, and at times conflicting, priorities Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thrives in both a team and independent working environment with limited oversight and guidance.
- The ability to work in both official languages is a strong asset.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months