$52,400 - $65,900
Policy and Public Affairs
Bilingual (French and English)
contract to March 2021 with possibility of extension/and or permanent position
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of logistics and administrative support for all qualifying FCM events – Annual Conference, Sustainable Communities Conference, Board of Directors meetings, BCMC meetings, seminars, workshops, presentations, news conferences, receptions and other activities as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Events Team; recommend procedures and solutions, track progress, review invoices, and monitor the budget; follow-up with suppliers, ensure that notices, invitations, follow-ups, and confirmations for participants are planned, organized and executed in a professional and proficient manner.
- Draft reference documents for signage, review proofs, track orders and setup signage on site following a specific schedule.
- Assist with hotel accommodations, review hotel contracts, manage room blocks, rooming lists and pickup reports, review invoices, monitor hotel email inbox.
- Coordinate logistics requirements for workshops, track and follow up on special requests, contact speakers and panelists and provide assistance with registration, hotel accommodations and travel arrangements, follow up on expense claims.
- Assist with food and beverage budgets and menu selection.
- Recommend procedures and solutions for the Events team daily work and assignments.
- Assist with events registration on site (badge pickup, new registrations, update existing registrations), by phone and email, process payments.
- Monitor the Events team email inbox and follow up on questions and requests as required.
- Assist other team members and/or perform other duties as requested by the Manager, Events.
Knowledge and experience
- Post-secondary education in events management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of three to five years of hands-on experience in meeting planning and event management.
- Strong knowledge and ability in using business support processes and tools (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, databases, tracking systems).
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times.
- Requires strong customer service skills, demonstrated attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate a variety of event variables and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external stake holders.
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (French and English).
- May be required to work beyond regular work hours at events and occasionally in the office.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.