The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice of municipal governments, representing the interests of cities and communities with the federal government. FCM’s Strategic Plan calls upon FCM to work collaboratively to: a) expand national understanding and support of the role local governments play in meeting national objectives; b) shape the national agenda by influencing decision-makers and opinion-leaders to ensure that the interests of municipalities are met or exceeded; c) build capacity and knowledge, thereby encouraging initiative and innovation, which in turn helps local governments rise to the challenges they face; and d) share its knowledge and experience on the world’s stage, so that others may improve the quality of life in their communities.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance Operations the Finance Data Analyst brings best practices leveraging and aligning technology, data and financial reporting.
- Link between information technology financial software tools, financial reporting and analytics to generate dashboards and information that facilitates decision making
- Support steps in analysis that includes data gathering, requirements specification, analysis and presentations
- Facilitation of internal and external reporting and month-end financial results from source system data
- Key contributor towards preparation and optimization of various reporting and data processes for presentation to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Assists team in creating efficiencies across data flow and reporting infrastructure
- Responsible for improving current methods used in the collection of data and resulting reports
- Proven effective written, oral and financial information communication skills
- Minimum 3 year Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Business, Chartered Professional Accountant definite asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Financial Analysis or Business Accounting with intermediate to advanced skills in MS EXCEL
- Working knowledge of computerized financial ERP applications and use of analytic tools to interpret data (Power BI experience definite asset)
- Experience with working with large amounts of data and performing financial analysis
- Experience working with various levels of an organization and comfortable working in a role that is new with changing requirements
- Experience in managing a small team of 2 or more is a definite asset
- Oral and written communication skills in both official languages
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.