Reporting to the MCIP Project Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, the Coordinator is responsible for providing operational and analytical support to the MCIP team, ensuring up-to-date, relevant information for internal staff and external audiences. Key activities include providing support towards program monitoring, reporting and knowledge management, ensuring the gathering, organization and analysis of data related to MCIP activities, maintaining MCIP’s databases, reporting on the effectiveness, outcomes and impact of the program, and ensuring reporting procedures are documented and implemented following sound practices. This includes managing all project data, reviewing information for completeness, tracking documents and deadlines, designing and conducting data analysis and preparing progress and final evaluation reports for senior leadership and the program funder. The incumbent is required to work closely with members of the team to coordinate, collate and analyze the knowledge generated from program results data and information as well as other program partners’ knowledge products to tell the story of MCIP’s outcomes achieved.
- Generate reports and lists related to program deliverables. Produce custom reports in response to various needs (e.g. annual report, briefing notes, etc.).
- Maintain and update MCIP’s social network map to report on the program’s networking strength and partners using network analysis software.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of program data and data collected from MCIP-funded initiatives. Create visual representations of program data and results (graphs, charts, maps, etc.)
- Maintain and update MCIP databases. Work closely with team members to ensure a high standard of quality control and identifying data inconsistencies or errors for all MCIP reporting.
- Work closely with the Direct Funding team to aggregate and report on the GHG reductions identified in project outputs.
- Support the Project Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning to produce managerial reports demonstrating progress against MCIP’s key performance indicators as identified in the Performance Measurement Framework. Draft memos and necessary documentation, including quarterly reports and distribution reports.
- Support the development of MCIP’s final narrative reporting by coordinating and bringing together the various program analyses.
- Coordinate the preparation of MCIP’s final program evaluation and reporting.
- Participate in cross-program or cross-department initiatives within FCM, as required.
- Undertake various projects assigned by the Supervisor, as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary education in a related field (public or business administration, economics, computer science, statistics etc.)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, project management, communications, and/or managing program activities, including experience in planning and reporting processes.
- Experience in impact measurement and evaluation using a broad range of both quantitative and qualitative tools and methods, including results-based management approaches, reporting procedures and principles.
- Previous exposure to knowledge management and activities (e.g. researching existing knowledge tools, organizing resources, identifying gaps in existing knowledge tools, mobilizing tools and resources, developing case studies and guides).
- Strong knowledge of business support processes and tools, particularly advanced data manipulation and visualization skills using Microsoft Excel and PowerBI, computer business applications (MS Office suite, including Microsoft PowerPoint), customer-relationship management (CRM) software and database management.
- Knowledge in Gephi or any network analysis software, Acrobat Reader, Survey Monkey is considered an asset.
- Experience producing reports for government-funded projects an asset.
- Excellent research and project coordination skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to work independently with good initiative and judgement, ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks, and work towards deadlines.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages (English and French) is required.
The benefits of joining the FCM team include summer hours (Fridays off between July 1st and Labour Day); office facilities located in the ByWard Market; FCM’s commitment to employee development and a competitive range of employee benefits and services. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, FCM is currently under a temporary work from home protocol until further notice. The successful candidate must have the ability to work from home during this period.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.