Funded by Infrastructure Canada (INFC), the Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP) is a eight-year $110 million national initiative whose goal is to enable Canadian municipalities to manage their infrastructure assets more strategically and thereby improve the quality of public infrastructure services for Canadians in the future. Managed by FCM, in close collaboration with provincial and territorial municipal associations (PTAs) and other stakeholders, MAMP has two complementary priorities: reinforce municipal and local community capacity in infrastructure assets planning, management, data collection and reporting; and generate new knowledge in municipal infrastructure management to inform federal policy and other stakeholders’ initiatives that advance asset management and infrastructure practices.
MAMP’s direct funding program is a subset of MAMP and provides application-based funding to municipalities to conduct projects which further their adoption and development of asset management practices.
As a member of the Funding Services unit of the Green Municipal Fund (GMF) team, the Outreach officer supports FCM’s overall mandate as a national municipal association and promotes the adoption of local sustainability practices. The officer participates in FCM Programs’ efforts to identify, attract and develop the best municipal sustainable projects and contribute to meeting GMF, MCIP and MAMP funding targets.
The Outreach Officer is the first point of contact for clients wanting to apply to FCM programs.The officer provides assistance and guidance to applicants on eligibility and process, while providing superior client service. As such, the officer is an effective communicator who can identify and define needs and make connections for FCMs Programs funding and knowledge products. The Advisor has a comprehensive understanding of the current and developing Program offers (funding and knowledge) and can advise clients towards the best course of action to better their individual initiatives.
Through these activities, the Advisor contributes to FCM’s reputation by professionally representing the organization through their interactions with stakeholders.
- Acts as the first point of client contact on a portfolio of leads through the application process, responsible for internal and external communications, document review, keeping accurate and up to date records
- Conducts scoping discussions to ensure adherence to eligibility criteria and mandatory requirements
- Provides assistance and guidance to applicants with a view to improving technical & economical viability and increasing the possibility of funding, which includes sharing relevant knowledge products and capacity building resources, and providing information of importance to finalizing applications and better project value
- Develops and maintains relationships with municipal officials and their partners
- Develops and delivers effective presentations to various sized groups and adapts materials to those audiences accordingly
- Participates as required in cross-functional team project work for GMF, FCM Programs department or in FCM-wide initiatives
- Contributes to ongoing process improvements with a focus on improving client service.
- Remains abreast of innovative trends and developments and informs relevant staff accordingly
- Maintains accurate records of calls, meetings, presentations and follow-ups through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in order to ensure proper forecasting of potential applications.
- Communicates and promote Programs through social media tools.
- Data-mines news aggregators to identify potential leads.
- Participates in the development of sales/marketing strategies to meet established targets.
- Participates in development and implementation of tools and processes that best meet market needs to effectively achieve programs business goals and priorities.
- Participates on various committees as required.
- Advises and counsels staff on approaches to sensitive matters or areas of concerns raised by clients, in order to mitigate risk to FCM’s or Programs reputation.
- Stay abreast of sector events and analyze event opportunities to determine which ones will generate greatest return on investment
Knowledge and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, project management, environment, business
- 3-5 years of professional experience with direct client communications or community engagement
- Experience working with municipal government an asset
- Experience in building networks and partnerships
- Operational experience in asset management an asset
- Excellent client service orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Innovative, strategic thinker with proven initiative
- Strong political acumen
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in both official languages (English and French) mandatory
- Strong judgment & people skills
- Occasional domestic travel ( 4 to 5 a year) be required depending on availabilities
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.