The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice of municipal governments, representing the interests of cities and communities with the federal government. FCM’s Strategic Plan calls upon FCM to work collaboratively to: a) expand national understanding and support of the role local governments play in meeting national objectives; b) shape the national agenda by influencing decision-makers and opinion-leaders to ensure that the interests of municipalities are met or exceeded; c) build capacity and knowledge, thereby encouraging initiative and innovation, which in turn helps local governments rise to the challenges they face; and d) share its knowledge and experience on the world’s stage, so that others may improve the quality of life in their communities.
Working as part of the Corporate, Finance Team, reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the Senior Finance Manager will play a key role in all financial aspects for the Green Municipal, Municipal Climate Innovation and Asset Management funding programs being accountable for compliance, reporting and continuous improvement of policies, processes and reporting reflective of the growth of the programs. The Senior Finance Manager is accountable for oversight of all financial aspects and requirements ensuring compliance with Funding Agreements.
- Responsible for overall planning and management of all finance and accounting functions for Funding Programs
- Brings best practices in management of finance and accounting functions and recommends policies, tools and strategy accordingly
- Responsible for overall GMF, MCIP and MAMP reporting and analytics through integrated systems (including accounting, grants, CRM and loans)
- Overarching activities include: oversight of budgeting process and monthly reporting, oversight of financial management of endowment fund
- Leads Green Municipal Fund Audit Committee
- Member of investment, risk and senior mgmt. teams
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) definite asset
- NGO/Foundation experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive Finance work experience including people leadership experience
- Strong knowledge in finance and accounting, including budget preparation, monitoring, fund accounting, investment accounting and preparation and analysis of financial statements and reports
- Business and financial management skills, including experience managing multi-million dollar budgets and expertise with business planning and performance metrics
- Experience in managing a board or similar governing body, experience in not-for-profit governance an asset
- Requires the ability to work in both official languages (English and French).
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.