The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice of municipal governments, representing the interests of cities and communities with the federal government. FCM’s Strategic Plan calls upon FCM to work collaboratively to: a) expand national understanding and support of the role local governments play in meeting national objectives; b) shape the national agenda by influencing decision-makers and opinion-leaders to ensure that the interests of municipalities are met or exceeded; c) build capacity and knowledge, thereby encouraging initiative and innovation, which in turn helps local governments rise to the challenges they face; and d) share its knowledge and experience on the world’s stage, so that others may improve the quality of life in their communities.
Working as part of the Corporate, Finance Team, the Senior Investment Manager will play a key role in managing the overall FCM investment portfolio, which is in excess of $1 billion dollars, and growing.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance, the Senior Investment Manager, brings experience and knowledge in managing a portfolio of investments working with investment managers, custodians and community partners. The Senior Manager will bring global best practices in updates to policies, processes, reporting and resources reflective of the growth of the fund and evolving partnerships.
- Responsible for overall investment planning and management of investment portfolio of $1.4B. working with fund managers, advisors and custodians to maximize returns, balance risk and optimize returns
- Brings global best practices in investment guidelines, trends, endowment management recommending policies, tools and strategies accordingly
- Oversight of investment policies and performance of seven (7) Low Carbon Cities Canada endowments and sit on investment committees of each entity
- Responsible for overall investment reporting and analytics including portfolio bi-monthly dashboards internal overview
- Works closely with the Managing Director of GMF to support exploration of innovative and expansion opportunities to increase returns while advancing program objectives maximizing green, ESG (environmental, social, governance) and impact investments
- Works closely with the Risk Management Unit to align investment returns into the cash flow modelling
- Leads GMF investment Committee
Knowledge and Experience
- Mandatory Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) a definite asset
- NGO/Foundation experience
- Experience working in close partnership with stakeholders at various levels in a way that maximizes their participation and leverages their support
- 5 years endowment management/investment experience with investment portfolio >$100M
- Experience in diversity of investments types and different return horizons including green, ESG and impact portfolios
- Direct project finance and equity experience
- Valuation, cash flow modeling experience
- Requires the ability to work in both official languages (English and French)
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.