An important message from FCM President
After careful consideration—and with guidance from public health authorities—FCM has made the decision to cancel our 2020 Annual Conference and Trade Show, scheduled to take place June 4-7 in Toronto.
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our top priority is protecting conference participants, the wider community and our health care system—while staying focused on supporting Canadians through this crisis.
AC2020 was set to bring together more than 2,000 municipal leaders from across Canada, and beyond—along with valued exhibitors, sponsors and partners and who support local governments every single day. It’s a wonderful opportunity for delegates to connect, learn, share and grow. FCM and the City of Toronto were set to put on a phenomenal show.
Here are some important details on next steps:
- All delegates and companions will receive full refunds. Registered delegates will receive an email within a week with details on the refund process. We’ll also work with hotel partners to ensure room deposits are refunded.
- FCM’s AGM and board elections: We’re exploring alternate ways to hold these critical events, and will share details on process and timelines as soon as they are available.
Our conference theme this year was We Deliver. And right now, we are all focused on delivering solutions to a public health and economic crisis. As much as I was looking forward to seeing you all in Toronto, we are doing exactly what our residents—and our country—need us to be doing right now. Because we’re in this together.
Just months after the federal election, FCM’s 2020 Annual Conference and Trade Show is a fantastic opportunity to showcase how empowering local leaders with modern fiscal tools and a seat at the table builds better lives.
Learn from dozens of engaging workshops and study tours. Hear from Canada’s top federal political leaders. Meet industry experts at our ever-popular trade show. And of course, network with thousands of your municipal colleagues.
As Canada’s largest gathering of municipal leaders, this is one event you won’t want to miss.
At the conference you will:
- Learn best practices and gain new insights to tackle your municipality’s challenges.
- Network with more than 2,000 delegates from across the country.
- Influence the municipal agenda while hearing from federal party leaders.
- Exchange and share knowledge that can help strengthen your community.
- Achieve your municipality’s full potential and raise your community’s profile.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building
222 Bremmer Blvd, Toronto ON M5V 3L9
Conference Code of Conduct
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities is committed to the highest standard of respect and dignity at each one of its events. All delegates, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and volunteers at the 2020 Annual Conference and Trade Show must comply with FCM’s Code of Conduct. The code mandates that attendees conduct themselves in a safe and welcoming manner—free from harassment or discrimination. This core ethical standard applies to all facets of the conference, on-site or off-site, including but not limited to social events, study tours, workshops, plenaries, and political meetings where delegates are in attendance.
FCM does not tolerate harassment of any kind. Should you be subject to—or witness any—inappropriate or threatening behaviour or language, please notify registration staff. Anyone found to be acting in such a manner will have their registration revoked and asked to leave the premises immediately.