This public health crisis is unfolding in our communities, and local governments are working hard to respond. In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn about community-based approaches to prevention and education, as well as harm reduction, treatment and enforcement. And you’ll learn about some of the tools municipalities are using to respond to this crisis.
- Donald MacPherson, Executive Director, Canadian Drug Policy Coalition
- Tim Farquharson, Deputy Chief, Peterborough Policy Service
- Michael Parkinson, Community Engagement Coordinator, Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council
- Jean Bota, Councillor, Red Deer County, AB
- Michael Jack, Chief Corporate Services Officer and Co-Chair, Illicit Drug Task Force, City of Winnipeg, MB
- Sandhia Vadlamudy, Director General, Association des intervenants en dépendance du Québec