Is your city or community looking for ways to manage traffic congestion, reduce greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles and control costs of busing students to school? The City of Kingston, ON, addressed these challenges with an award-winning program that provides bus passes to high school students and teaches them how to navigate the transit system.
Join our webinar to:
- Hear about best practices from Kingston’s successful program and how they can be applied in Canadian communities like yours.
- Discover tools your municipality can use to develop and deliver a similar initiative.
- See helpful resources you can access, including our free guidebook, Engaging students to increase public transit ridership.
Who should attend
Municipal elected officials, school board staff and commissioners, and transit authority staff working on transit planning, as well as anyone from mid- to large-sized municipalities interested in increasing youth ridership on public transit.
This webinar will be presented in English, however participants can ask questions in both French and English.
- Daniel Hendry, Sustainable Initiatives Coordinator, Limestone District School Board
- Jeremy DaCosta, Director, Transit and Fleet Services, Kingston Transit, City of Kingston