We fund program evaluation studies to help municipalities with existing financing programs for home energy upgrades to:
- assess the historical performance of those programs, and
- identify opportunities to improve them
These studies are often undertaken at an interim stage or when the program concludes. The findings from these studies help to determine if the initiative should be continued, expanded, or discontinued, providing the details needed to justify recommendations to stakeholders and municipal decision makers. Evaluations aim to determine the overall effectiveness and market receptivity of a financing program for home energy upgrades, and point to ways the program can better meet market needs, including:
- Comparison of stated goals against actual performance
- Recommendations for refinements to improve program design and delivery
- Strategies for increasing uptake, investment and scaling of environmental and energy performance impacts
Typically, program evaluation studies aim to:
- Assess if the program is being delivered as intended and recommends adjustments to improve effectiveness
- Provide insights on program performance to all stakeholders (e.g., environmental, energy and economic impacts).
- Documented results from at least one year of implementation of an existing program.
- We reserve the right to make changes to eligibility criteria and the types of projects funded through this offer.
- A program evaluation study is a pre-requisite for CEF capital program funding to recapitalize an existing program.
This funding has a three-stage application process:
- Stage 1: Review the application guide.
- Request an accessible version. Contact us.
- Stage 2: Complete the initial proposal form and submit it to GMF to confirm your eligibility as an applicant and the eligibility of your study. Applicants will receive a response within 15 business days of receipt of initial proposal.
- Stage 3: Eligible studies will be invited to submit a full application by October 30, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
If you are not eligible to apply, sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed about other funding opportunities.