FCM’s Leadership in Brownfield Renewal (LiBRe) network links municipal staff from Canadian cities and communities of all sizes. Their municipalities have committed to remediating and redeveloping brownfield sites.
Whether you’re a novice or an expert, you can join the network and use our seven-step framework to move your municipality toward achieving its brownfield redevelopment goals. You’ll learn how to identify, navigate and reduce barriers to site redevelopment.
If you’ve ever faced a lack of funding, had questions around liability, or dealt with orphaned sites, this network is for you. You’ll learn how to bring these abandoned sites back into productive use.
What you’ll do
- Network with your peers
- Share knowledge and seek advice
- Participate in learning activities
- Access free tools and resources
What you’ll learn
- How to encourage brownfield redevelopment
- How to build dialogue with key stakeholders
- How to benefit from tax incentives
- How to implement innovative brownfield remediation
- Join up to four online meetings each year
- Attend one in-person workshop
- Report on progress in a five-minute, online survey once per year
- Implement our seven-step framework at your own space
How you get started
- Not a member? Join today!
- Consult LiBRe’s seven-step framework and guidebooks