Powering buildings can stretch municipal budgets and put a financial strain on residents and businesses. Energy use in buildings also produces up to half of a municipality’s local GHGs. Now, with GMF’s first e-learning series, you can reduce costs and GHGs by identifying the right energy solutions for your municipal and community buildings.
This course series will break down GMF's Municipal Energy Roadmap into a bite-sized mix of live sessions and self-directed activities that give sustainability champions tools and techniques for energy reduction in municipal and community buildings.
At a glance:
- 1-2 hours per week
- 6 modules per course
- Read, Explore, Reflect, Apply, Collaborate, Act
- Find ways to support your community through incentive and financing programs
- Discover strategies to drive towards net-zero development
- Learn techniques to change the landscape for more energy efficient new builds
- Explore real-world examples of leadership in municipal buildings that save energy and costs
- Discover how community-scale solutions like district energy and wind or solar power can reduce GHGs
- Build energy-literacy in your community
The courses will launch in Fall 2021.
Sign up below to receive an update when the courses become available.