The Green Municipal Fund is a $1 billion program, delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and funded by the Government of Canada.
The report offers timely and specific guidance in identifying the best solutions for Canadian communities to achieve significant GHG emissions reductions in their municipal and community buildings and meet their long-term sustainability objectives. It supports working with residents, businesses and other stakeholders to create jobs, lead economic recovery, lower emissions and significantly improve quality of life.
No matter where you are in the process, the Energy Roadmap provides practical advice you can use to make the right decision for your community.
Read the report and learn about the solutions that are best-suited to your municipality.
GMF’s Municipal Energy Roadmap helps you:
- Recognize the most critical and impactful solutions for reducing GHG emissions in municipal and community buildings, including homes, office buildings and municipal arenas.
- Discover technologies and strategies that lower the costs of projects, and keep energy dollars and jobs in the community.
- Increase your understanding of the business case and key considerations for implementation.
- Find municipal examples, funding opportunities, and resources to help bring sustainable energy projects to life.
- Prioritize your municipality’s efforts and find local solutions you can implement today.
Note: GMF’s Municipal Energy Roadmap was developed before the COVID-19 pandemic, but the opportunities covered in the report can play an important role in economic recovery and local job creation. Read the addendum to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on local energy projects.