The City of Yellowknife, NT, won a 2018 Sustainable Communities Award for implementing an innovative shared biomass heating system that reduces costs and GHG emissions. This guide is based on their experience and explains how to develop a high-quality sustainability project. It’s designed for municipal staff and decision makers, and contains award-winning strategies and questions to help your community get started on your own initiative. Discover best practices that can help your municipality:
- Transition to renewable energy sources
- Lower costs by increasing energy efficiency
- Secure support from stakeholders
- Stimulate local economic development
- Measure and track project performance
Want to learn more about this award-winning project? Read the case study.