The City of Guelph, ON, won a 2018 Sustainable Communities Award for a sustainable plan to develop an efficient and carbon-neutral live-work community. This guide is based on their experience and explains how to develop a high-quality sustainability project. It’s designed for municipal staff and decision makers, and contains award-winning strategies and questions to help your community get started on your own initiative. Discover best practices that can help your municipality:
- Design a carbon-neutral community
- Align sustainable development plans with existing municipal policies
- Reduce the carbon footprint of urban communities
- Promote active transportation
- Enhance social capital by creating shared public spaces
Want to learn more about this award-winning project? Read the case study.