Tuesday, November 10, 2020
1:00 p.m. ET
Are you interested in starting conversations about climate adaption in your community? Need help on how to engage decision-makers and elected officials?
This webinar, Talking it Through: How to start your climate adaptation conversations, walks you through how to have climate conversations in your municipality. Hear directly from local government representatives as they detail the steps they took in establishing open lines of communication between municipal practitioners and decision-makers.
During this webinar, you will:
- Learn key concepts from the Talking it through guide
- Be introduced to a customizable tools to help you begin adaptation conversations
- Discover new resources available to support climate adaptation in communities
- Understand planning-based and operations-based adaptation approaches
- Be introduced to adaptation measures being taken by local governments across Canada
- Dustin Carey, Capacity Building Officer, FCM
- Johanna Wolf, Manager, Outreach and Engagement, Canadian Centre for Climate Services
- Ewa Jackson, Managing Director, ICLEI Canada
- Karina Richters, Manager of Sustainability and Climate Change, City of Windsor
- Duane Nicol, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Selkirk
Check out the Talking it Through: A Discussion Guide for Local Government Staff on Climate Adaptation suite of tools, created to help municipal staff talk to decision-makers and elected officials about adapting to the local impacts of climate change.