Canadian Women in Municipal Government Scholarship
FCM's scholarship program for secondary school students began in 2010. There are five awards of $1000, each, with one award to be presented in each of the five regions of Canada (British Columbia, The Prairies and Territories, Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada). The scholarship is open to female students enrolled in any year of study in secondary school and who are contributing to their school´s leadership team or student council.
The application period for 2018 scholarships is now closed and will reopen in September 2018. The 2018 recipients will be announced shortly.
The 2017 recipients are:
- Rachel Sadorsky, Grade 12, Westsyde Secondary School, City of Kamloops, BC
- Jelyn Dela Cruz, Grade 12, Miles Macdonell Collegiate, City of Winnipeg, MB
- Kandeel Imran, Grade 12, Middlefield Collegiate Institute, City of Toronto, ON
- Arielle Alcindor, Grade 8, Collège Regina Assumpta, City of Montreal, QC
- Jennica Jean, Grade 12, Nackawic Senior High School, City of Nackawic, NB