Amount of Scholarship
FCM will award two (2) scholarships, one (1) scholarship to a student at the college /university undergraduate level, and one (1) scholarship at the university graduate level. Each award will be $4,500 and will be presented in the winner's municipality.
- The scholarship is open only to women students who are enrolled in a Canadian college or university
- The student can be in any year of study as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicants should be considering making a contribution to/or entering the political realm.
- In a cover letter, tell us how you have been involved in campus or community activities related to women’s issues.
- Submit a research paper you presented on issues related to women in politics, in any order of government.
- You must demonstrate how your area of study impacts on getting women involved in all orders of government.
- Special consideration will be given if there is a focus on municipal government.
- The research essay must be a maximum of 1,000 words.
Two written references are required:
- One (1) from a personal friend or relative, and
- One (1) from a school instructor
December 15, 2017
Please send your writing submissions by email at email@example.com to the attention of the Women in Local Government Project Officer, Standing Committee on Increasing Women's Participation in Municipal Government. Please ensure that you submit one complete package.