Amount of Scholarship
FCM will award two (2) scholarships of $4,500., One (1) scholarship will be awarded to a student at the college /university undergraduate level, and one (1) scholarship will be awarded to a student at the university graduate level. Each scholarship will be presented in the recipient's municipality.
- The scholarship is open to female Canadian citizens currently enrolled in any year of undergraduate or graduate study at a Canadian college or university.
- In a cover letter, tell us:
- how your area of study relates to engaging women in all orders of government.
- how you have contributed to campus or community activities related to women's issues.
- Submit a research paper (maximum 1,500 words) on an issue related to women in politics. Special consideration will be given if the research paper focusses on municipal government.
Note that all applications meeting eligibility criteria will be kept on file for future consideration.
- Two (2) written academic references are required.
December 15, 2018
Only complete applications will be considered.
Please include contact information (full name, home address, email, phone number). Applications containing incomplete contact information will not be considered.
Please send your application by email to:
Coordinator, Executive Director's Office, FCM Programs
24 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5P3