Finance Administrator, MCIP & MAMP
Please apply by Sunday, September 24, 2017
|Salary band:||$50,700 - $63,800|
|Department:||Finance, Corporate Services|
|Language:||Bilingual; English and French|
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has been the national voice of municipal government since 1901. With almost 2,000 members, FCM represents the interests of municipalities on policy and program matters that fall within federal jurisdiction. Members include Canada's largest cities, small urban and rural communities, and 18 provincial and territorial municipal associations. FCM's offices are located in downtown Ottawa, housing approximately 200 staff.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Administrator, MCIP & MAMP, will be responsible for providing financial support services for the Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program (MCIP) & the Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP). The Finance Administrator will assist with the financial duties related to the specific programs in compliance with the Contribution Agreements.
- Reviews expense claims, invoices, supplier contracts and disbursement requests against project budgets and other established processing procedures, assesses accuracy and eligibility, follows up on any missing information or discrepancies, and codes, and processes financial transactions according to established guidelines;
- Responsible for balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis for MAMP and MCIP projects;
- Responsible for month-end activities, ensuring that journal entries are recorded in a timely manner and account reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis;
- Conducts monthly desk review of financial reports highlighting any issues to Finance Manager, obtaining supporting documents where needed to ensure accuracy and compliance with Contribution Agreement and Infrastructure Canada guidelines;
- Provides daily technical support and advice to the program staff and partner organizations, including updating procedures, reviewing transactions, obtaining revisions/changes, and monitoring compliance;
- Reconciles Infrastructure Canada bank account on a monthly basis;
- Prepares and balances internal and external financial reports according to organizational policies and procedures and contractual agreements;
- Responsible for ensuring CRM is reconciled with the accounting records;
- Assists with preparation of monthly reporting package for program staff;
- Assists in providing analysis relating to the Annual Work plan budgeting for MCIP and MAMP;
- Conducts training to program staff on Treasury Board Guidelines;
- Responsible for training of newly hired MCIP and MAMP Program assistants on accounting procedures and processes;
- Responsible for preparing and processing applications and maintaining corporate credit cards for MAMP and MCIP staff;
- Provides support to the Finance Manager for ad-hoc projects, e.g., assist in external organizational / project audits by collecting required information;
- Provides support to the Finance Officers responsible for MCIP and MAMP including invoicing and reconciling advances for MCIP and MAMP;
- Participates in and/or supports the implementation of the finance Annual Work plan.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires experience with accounting practices and procedures, specifically, general ledger activities, expense claim processing and invoice processing.
- Requires analytical skills in order to reconcile accounts and prepare reports
- Requires a post-secondary education in accounting and 3 - 5 years practical experience.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and experience with accounting software packages.
- The ability to work in both official languages (English and French) is required.
The successful candidate will also exhibit the following competencies:
- Results Oriented: Committed to achieving results, demonstrating innovation and creativity in overcoming obstacles. Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
- Client Focus: Making client satisfaction a priority and at the center of all decisions. Providing service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Teamwork: Contributing to the development of a team environment where team members ultimately achieve established goals.
- Ethics and Fairness: Treating everyone fairly and equitably and maintaining high ethical standards.
Please apply by Sunday, September 24, 2017