FCM Board Meeting: September 11-14, 2018
All meeting participants must register online no later than August 20, 2018. If you will not be attending the meeting, please make that selection on the registration form. (It is helpful for planning if all Board members complete the registration form, whether or not you are attending.)
Message from the Municipality of the County of Annapolis
Annapolis Basin Conference Centre is excited to partner with the Municipality of the County of Annapolis in hosting the FCM Board of Directors Meeting from September 11 to 14, 2018.
Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, about two hours from Halifax, the Municipality of the County of Annapolis offers an exceptional quality of life, a wholesome natural environment, and a diverse economy. The breathtaking natural beauty of the Bay of Fundy shoreline, the lush Annapolis River valley, and hundreds of lakes and waterways will capture your heart and challenge your skill at hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking and a dozen other outdoor pursuits.
Come and be captivated by our coastal communities, towns, villages, historic properties and the stunning parks that are the pride of our county. They provide the perfect stage for celebrating rural communities in Nova Scotia, as we celebrate the rich tapestry of our history, traditions and diverse cultures. They are on full display throughout the year. Come and discover Annapolis County and see why we are so proud to call it home!
Please refer to the Host Municipality information document for complete details on accommodations, dining, transportation and other information.
For tourism information, check out the Official Visitors Guide.
Annapolis Basin Conference Centre
Our unique venue is a refreshing change from stuffy city meeting rooms. Our dedicated, full service conference facilities enjoy stunning views and sea breezes on the Annapolis Basin shoreline in South West Nova Scotia.
The meetings and accommodations are located at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre, at 761 Broadway Ave, Cornwallis, Nova Scotia.
Getting to the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre (ABCC):
The Annapolis Basin Conference Centre (ABCC) is located two and a half hours by car (222 km) from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
The Municipality of the County of Annapolis is organizing shuttle transportation between the airport and the conference centre for FCM meeting participants. This service is available for arrivals on September 10 and 11 and departures on September 14. The shuttle costs $200 round trip and can be booked by phone when you reserve your accommodations at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre.
Car rentals are also available from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
There may be a short period of time while some guests await their departure from Halifax via motor coach. During this time, guests will be directed to the FCM Hospitality Room at the nearby Alt Hotel to enjoy coffee, tea and assorted bottled beverages along with snack options.
Some other things to know:
- The conference centre is situated in a rural area, requiring a vehicle to access restaurants and shopping. There is, however, a YMCA, grocery store, liquor store and pizza diner located on the premises. Please bring all necessities with you to the meeting location. The closest restaurants are found in the Town of Annapolis Royal (a 17-minute drive from the conference centre).
- The County will provide complimentary transportation to Annapolis Royal on Wednesday evening for those wishing to dine out. Tuesday's Welcome Reception will include sufficient food and beverage to serve as dinner, but taxis will also be available for those wishing to go offsite after the reception. Expect a 25-minute wait when calling for a taxi.
- A list of recommended restaurants in Annapolis Royal is included in the Host Municipality's information document. Please make reservations if you plan to dine out.
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks will be available on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. You must indicate, when you register for the meeting, which meals you will take advantage of.
- A paid buffet dinner will be available on-site on Wednesday, but only if you reserve a place in advance. Please indicate when you register for the meeting if you plan to take advantage of this. The cost is $40.00 per person and will be due upon check-in at ABCC.
- Concession items such as snacks and toiletries will be available for purchase on-site at the front desk.
- Wireless internet will be available throughout the conference centre and lodging.
- Meetings will take place in a few separate buildings on the property. A shuttle option will be available for participants with mobility restrictions.
- Meeting rooms and guest rooms do not have air conditioning. Fresh seaside breezes usually provide sufficient cooling, and a limited number of fans are available for guest rooms upon request.
- The ABCC Bar & Lounge located at the James Horsfall Memorial Hall at ABCC is open daily beginning at 4 p.m. until close at midnight. Enjoy a game or pool, snooker, shuffleboard or darts in the Game Lounge as well.
- Dress code for the meeting is casual attire. Plan for the weather forecast.
Clean, comfortable and affordable lodges.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for FCM guests
- Laundry facilities
- Free on-site parking
- Patio area next to main dining hall with fire pit
- Common lounge area for socializing and relaxing with TV
- Ice machine
- Access to sandy beach
- Complimentary Guest Pass for the adjacent YMCA including swimming pool, walking track and modern workout equipment
Queen Suite: One queen-sized bed in bedroom area, private washroom with amenities, living room area with lounge furniture, desk, flat screen television, and pullout sofa bed. Includes guest pass to Fundy YMCA and Wi-Fi service.
$129+HST Based on single or double occupancy.
Standard Queen: Standard room with one queen-sized bed, flat screen television, desk, private washroom with amenities. Includes guest pass to Fundy YMCA and Wi-Fi service.
$119+HST Based on single or double occupancy.
Standard Double: Standard room with one double-sized bed, flat screen television, desk, private washroom with amenities. Includes guest pass to Fundy YMCA and Wi-Fi service.
$109+HST Based on single or double occupancy.
Guest rooms are available for booking by contacting a member of the Reservations Team at the Annapolis Basin Conference Centre. You will need a credit card when you reserve to secure your stay.
Reserve by phone* or email:
Toll Free: 1-888-830-4466 ext. '0'
Local: 902-638-8602 ext. '0'
*Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Atlantic Time