Child Care Services
Delegates will be able to take advantage of professional child care services that will be provided in Halifax. To take advantage of the services, delegates are asked to register in advance directly with Improv Care Inc. who will be providing the services during the conference.
Improv Care Professionals
- The services will be provided by Improv Care Services for Children who employ licensed Child Care Professionals, and who will comply with the rules and regulations governing the provision of such services under The Day Nurseries Act of Nova Scotia.
- All Improv Care Professionals hold a University Degree or College Diploma in a child related field (Early Childhood Educators, Child and Youth Counselors and Teachers)
- Improv Care professionals have been thoroughly screened: this includes a vulnerable persons police check and a professional background check
- All of Improv Care professionals have up to date infant/ toddler and standard First Aid and CPR certification
- All Improv Care professionals have extensive experience working in child care and education, caring for children in individual and group care settings
- Improv Care has Professional Liability Insurance and a copy will be posted on-site
The services will be offered directly at the Halifax Convention Centre. Children will not leave the premises for any outside activities.
The fully safety proofed, sanitized and decorated room will have various age appropriate rotating games, activities and dramatic play stations for the children to enjoy throughout the day. A quiet room will also be available for naptime for children.
Snacks and meals will be provided by FCM and provided by the Child Care professionals.
Dates and Hours of Operation
- Thursday, May 31 • 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 1 • 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2 • 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 4 • 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Infants (3 to 18 months)
- Toddlers (18 months to 2.5 years)
- Preschoolers (2.5 to 5 years)
- School Age (5 to 12 years)
Registration Fees and Child Profile Form
- Full Conference: $70 + HST per child
- Daily Fee: $35 + HST per child
- Parents can sign-up for the services by completing a child profile form (one for each child) and returning it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 7, 2018 to confirm services.
After Hour Services
May be available upon request, in advance with Improv Care Inc. Please contact Dahla directly at email@example.com
Improv Care Inc.