Webinar: Carbon Neutral Local Governments
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Municipalities across British Columbia are committing to achieve carbon neutrality as part of the Climate Action Charter. Many of these municipalities are also working through the five milestones of the Partners for Climate Protection program - a complementary initiative whose commitments can be met concurrently with the Climate Action Charter and Green Communities Legislation.
This webinar aims to help municipalities across Canada understand the benefits of carbon neutrality and the emissions management strategies that can help them get there.
The District of Saanich will describe their newly completed Climate Change Action Plan and Carbon Neutral Fund, along with their efforts to understand climate risks and vulnerabilities. Results from the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority's recent publication Getting to Carbon Neutral: A Guide for Canadian Municipalities will be profiled as a tool to aid municipalities in becoming carbon neutral.
- Ben Finkelstein, Manager Green Communities, BC Climate Action Secretariat
- Mark Boysen, Sustainability Coordinator, District of Saanich, BC
Bernie McIntyre, Manager Community Transformation Programs, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- BC Local Government Carbon Neutral Commitment - Green Communities Committee Update
- Getting to Carbon Neutral: A Guide for Canadian Municipalities
- Climate Action Plan and Carbon Fund