Webinar — COP21 and the International Local Government Climate Movement – A Briefing for Canadian Local Governments
Presented by the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
12–1:30 p.m. EDT
How can municipal governments be part of local solutions to the global problem of climate change?
Watch this webinar and learn about the ways your local government can take action on climate change leading up to and after the upcoming United Nations climate change summit in Paris, known as COP 21 or Paris 2015. Representatives from all levels of government and sectors will participate in the summit this December, with the goal of achieving a new international agreement that will apply to all countries. FCM along with other local government partners, will attend to represent the voice of local government.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What is planned for COP21 of interest to local government and how organization like FCM will be involved.
- Ways your local government can take action and get involved in climate change programs that go beyond COP21
- Brock Carlton, CEO, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Gino Van Begin, ICLEI Secretary General, ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability
- Berry Vrbanovic, Mayor City of Kitchener, Board Member United Cities and Local Government