Webinar — Explore two routes to smarter capital investments
Learn about life cycle analysis tools for municipal infrastructure
Friday, November 13, 2015
12–1:30 p.m. EST
Presented by FCM's Green Municipal Fund
Today's decisions on future infrastructure investments will shape long-term environmental, social and economic outcomes for your community. That's why modern approaches to managing municipal assets take a broad view of costs and benefits over the life cycle of infrastructure assets, such as roads, bridges, water and wastewater facilities, as well as recreational and natural areas.
During this webinar you'll learn how to build your asset management skills using concepts and systems to help you analyze project life cycle costs and benefits. Get an overview of benefits to taking a life cycle approach and learn about two systems: the Envision® Sustainable Infrastructure Rating System used in the Municipality of Lambton Shores, ON, and the City of Calgary's locally-developed triple-bottom-line approach. Speakers will share their experience and talk about how such tools can help you get the best value from your community's infrastructure.
Join this webinar to:
- Learn about the benefits taking a life cycle approach to infrastructure decision-making
- Explore ways to integrate sustainability and life cycle analysis into your municipality's asset management approach
- Hear from municipalities using the Envision tool and Calgary-developed triple-bottom-line policy tool to support better land use and capital investments
- Get a sneak peek at the full-day training on Envision to be held at FCM's 2016 Sustainable Communities Conference, which will help you prepare for a certification exam on the Envision® Sustainable Infrastructure Rating System
How much does it cost? FCM webinars are free of charge.
Register for this webinar online.
- Shannon A. Joseph, Senior Manager, Research and Development, FCM's Green Municipal Fund
- Jeff Wolfe, Project and Infrastructure Manager, Municipality of Lambton Shores, ON
- Chris Blaschuk, Manager, Transportation Strategy, City of Calgary, AB
- Melissa Peneycad, Associate, Sustainable Development, Stantec Inc.
Learn with your colleagues. Book a meeting room with a phone and an Internet connection and invite your colleagues to participate. Webinars are a great opportunity to discuss how the featured topics relate to your community.
- Tapping into the power of life-cycle analysis — Shannon Joseph
- Linking triple bottom line decision making to capital investment — Chris Blaschuk
- Envision framework and rating system — Melissa Peneycad
- Municipal perspective design utilizing Envision — Jeff Wolfe