First Nations-Municipal Collaboration Programs
We work in partnership with Indigenous organizations to foster a positive collaborative environment between Indigenous communities and neighbouring municipalities. We do this through:
- Neutral third party facilitation
- Relationship-building and joint planning workshops and working groups
- Toolkits, template agreements, case studies, webinars, peer mentorship and capacity-building grants.
- Cost savings and more efficient program delivery;
- Opportunities for local business development and job creation;
- Ability to leverage the unique financial, human and physical resources of each partner;
- Coordinated planning efforts to improve land use, land management and environmental/resource protection.
- Increased ability to access funding;
- A strong, united voice for engaging with other orders of government and the private sector;
- Solid Waste Management Toolkit
- Service Agreement Toolkit
- CEDI Toolkit
- Service Agreement Templates
- Alternative Funding Resources
First Nations-Municipal Community Economic Development Initiative
FCM and Cando deliver the Community Economic Development Initiative (CEDI) for First Nations and nearby municipal partners since 2012.