Fort William First Nation and the City of Thunder Bay
Fort William First Nation and the City of Thunder Bay are working together to build a mutually beneficial partnership that focuses on the development of the economy:
Their goals include:
- Collaborating on Economic Development and Land Use Planning; with a focus on Railway / Industrial lands owned by Fort William First Nation
- Developing a joint Economic Development Strategy
- Developing further industry and jobs to benefit both communities
- Strengthening the partnership building on a 2011 Declaration of Commitment
In the news
Why work together?
Chief Peter Collins, Fort William First Nation
"We are confident that our common goals for local economic development will foster benefits that extend to many other aspects of community building, and will help us explore ways to strengthen our communities even more."
Mayor of Thunder Bay, Keith Hobbs
"We are thrilled to participate in this important initiative with Fort William First Nation ... We have recognized for years that working together to address our economic challenges will strengthen our relationship and the regional economy, and move our communities forward."
- Ed Collins, Manager, Economic Development: (807) 623-2021
- John Mason, Project Manager, Mining Services: (807) 625-3960