Wastewater case studies: Solutions and strategies
Best practices for meeting Canadian municipal wastewater regulations
Are you looking for technical information and examples of best practices to help you with your municipality's wastewater treatment initiative?
We have developed case studies to help Canadian cities and towns of all sizes meet the new wastewater regulations introduced by the federal government.
The case studies provide valuable information that you can apply to your own wastewater treatment plant projects and upgrades. They include technical information, project details, tips on best practices and the significant benefits gained by community members.
Read the case studies to learn the steps you can take to:
- Upgrade, retrofit or replace your wastewater treatment system.
- Increase capacity and extend the service life of your wastewater treatment plant.
- Improve wastewater quality, reduce odour levels and eliminate chemical residues.
- Learn about alternative ways to minimize energy use.
Each study also includes contact information so you can connect with people who have firsthand experience overcoming specific challenges and obstacles in these initiatives. Connect with them to ask for advice on projects in your municipality.
Read the case studies in our series
- Prince Edward County's new facility uses full cost recovery approach
- Amherstburg saves land, consolidating three sewage treatment plants into one
- Energy-efficient upgrades reduce operating costs at Wetaskiwin wastewater treatment plant
- New Chatham-Kent wastewater treatment facility reduces E. coli
- How Waterloo facility upgrades improve water quality and energy efficiency
- Brockville adds secondary and UV treatment to its wastewater treatment plant
- Greater water treatment capacity supports community growth in St. Louis
- St. Andrews revitalizes community after wastewater plant upgrades
- Upgrades allow Argyle to expand sewer system, reduce septic tank use
- New disinfection techniques improve public health in Kapuskasing
- How Barrie's new wastewater plant improves capacity and efficiency
- Facility upgrades help Cranbrook enhance agricultural production
Subscribe to our email updates
Sign up and stay tuned as we publish new case studies in the coming months and receive news on our online workshop.