Asset management and sustainability resources
Are you interested in learning more about asset management practices and infrastructure planning?
FCM's Municipal Asset Management Program (MAMP) has curated a collection of links to resources to help you get started in asset management.
Asset management resources for beginners
- Why Invest in Asset Management? (animated video) Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Asset Management for Sustainable Service Delivery: A BC Framework, Asset Management BC
- Asset Management: Getting Started Guide, Government of Saskatchewan
- Building Together: Guide for Municipal Asset Management Plans, Government of Ontario
- Alberta Municipal Affairs - Asset Management. Government of Alberta
Linking asset management, environmental sustainability and climate change
- Introductory guide: Building sustainable communities with asset management, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- How to develop an asset management policy, strategy and governance framework, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Community Lifecycle Infrastructure Costing (CLIC) Tool, BC Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development
- Canadian Infrastructure Report Card, Canadian Construction Association, Canadian Public Works Association, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Coming soon: Resources by region
Access tools collected from a coalition of asset management communities of practice across Canada. Available in 2018.
Looking for more asset management resources? Subscribe to FCM Connect to be notified about new tools and training opportunities as they become available.