Climate change plans and studies grants
Municipalities can use the funding to develop plans and studies that identify opportunities to reduce GHG emissions and adapt to climate change impacts. The grants also help communities assess the vulnerability of municipal infrastructure and assets, such as buildings and roads, to the impacts of climate change and develop response plans.
Climate change grants are currently available to Quebec municipalities only. Learn more about climate change funding grants available to municipalities throughout the rest of Canada, as well as how to apply.
Select from the following plans and studies
Choose from the list of plans and studies below to find examples of eligible projects and information about deadlines, who can apply and how to apply.
Note: There is one application form for climate change plans and a separate application form for climate change studies.
You will find the link to the correct form listed on each of the following pages. When you complete the form, you will be asked to specify the type of plan or study that you are applying for.
- Climate change adaptation plans
- GHG emission reduction and community energy plans
- Transportation and land use plans
- Extreme temperatures: Climate adaptation studies
- Flooding and drought: Climate adaptation studies
- Wind events: Climate adaptation studies
- Community initiatives: Climate adaptation studies
- Energy: Climate mitigation studies
- Solid waste: Climate mitigation studies
- Water: Climate mitigation studies
- Transportation: Climate mitigation studies
- Community initiatives: Climate mitigation studies