Climate change plans and studies grants
These grants help communities reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and adapt to the impacts of climate change, such as flooding, drought and extreme temperatures.
Municipalities can use the funding to develop plans and studies that identify opportunities to
reduce GHG emissions and adapt to climate change impacts. The grants also help communities assess the vulnerability of municipal infrastructure and assets, such as buildings and roads, to the impacts of climate change and develop response plans.
Select from the following plans and studies
Choose from the list of plans and studies below to find examples of eligible projects and information about deadlines, who can apply and how to apply.
Note: There is one application form for climate change plans and a separate application form for climate change studies.
You will find the link to the correct form listed on each of the following pages. When you complete the form, you will be asked to specify the type of plan or study that you are applying for.
- GHG emission reduction and community energy plans
- Transportation and land use plans
- Climate change adaptation plans
- Energy: Climate mitigation studies
- Solid waste: Climate mitigation studies
- Water: Climate mitigation studies
- Transportation: Climate mitigation studies
- Community initiatives: Climate mitigation studies
- Extreme temperatures: Climate adaptation studies
- Flooding and drought: Climate adaptation studies
- Wind events: Climate adaptation studies
- Community initiatives: Climate adaptation studies
Contact an advisor before you apply
Email or call us today to discuss whether your project is eligible for funding.
Toll free: 1-877-997-9926