Funding approval process and timelines: Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program
Learn about the application review process and timelines for funding decisions for FCM's Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program, as well as find information about contracts and disbursement of funds.
Timelines for funding decisions
We are committed to informing you of the results of your application in a timely manner. For funding applications for the Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program, we will contact you within four months from the date we receive your completed application form and associated documents.
Decision criteria and process
Applications for plans, studies, capital projects and staff grants are reviewed in a competitive process. GMF Council reviews and compares applications that have been peer reviewed. Council considers a number of factors, including:
- Peer reviewer's assessment of the application
- MCIP's funding priorities, as outlined in FCM's Funding Agreement with the Government of Canada
- Whether program funding has already been committed
- Number of previous applications
- Strong preference is given to new applicants
- Strategic considerations, including:
- Regional funding distribution
- Community size, and
- Knowledge value of the proposed project
Contracts and disbursement of funds
If your project is approved, FCM will develop a contract, including disbursement requirements, which will be signed by the lead applicant and FCM.
We can provide funds as the project progresses. To ensure consistent and regular funding of the project, you will work with FCM staff to define milestones and anticipated dates of disbursement.
You will be asked to request regular disbursements by submitting milestone reports and confirmation of expenses incurred.
For more information
Contact us by email or call:
- Toll-free: 1-877-997-9926
- In the Ottawa-Gatineau region: 613-907-6208