Looking to take your first step with asset management but don't know where to start? The Building Blocks of Asset Management guide was created to support communities in the early stages of establishing asset management practices. This step-by-step guide is geared toward those who are just getting started or at Level 1 on the Asset Management Readiness Scale.
Supports you along your asset management journey
Since no two communities are alike, this easy-to-use guide will help you move toward your asset management goals in a way that is unique to your municipality's needs.
The guide outlines the steps you can take to start implementing asset management practices in five different competency areas: Policy and governance; People and leadership; Data and information; Planning and decision-making; and Contribution to asset management practice.
Get started today
Download the guide today and see how this tool can help your municipality get started on understanding the services your assets provide to your community, and best practices for caring for them over time.
Watch the webinar: Getting started with asset management in your municipality
This webinar explores the steps municipalities can take to begin the early stages of asset management using FCM’s Building Blocks of Asset Management – A how-to guide for reaching Level 1 of FCM’s Asset Management Readiness Scale. Hear lessons learned from staff and elected officials in other municipalities about the competencies they have worked on, and their practices in caring for their assets over time.
During this webinar, you will:
- Discover how your community can get started with asset management
- Understand how to use FCM’s Building Blocks of Asset Management guide to reach Level 1 of FCM’s Asset Management Readiness Scale
- Learn from other Canadian municipalities that have successfully achieved Level 1 in at least one competency
- George Tomporowski, Mayor, Town of Shellbrook, SK
- Brandy Losie, Administrator, Village of Loreburn, SK
- Dominic Doucet, Directeur général, Municipalité de Saint-Ferdinand, QC
- Michael Riseborough, Former Mayor and Chief Administrative Officer, Village of Haines Junction, YT
Click here to view the video in YouTube and jump ahead to relevant topics.