It takes a consistent approach to planning and decision-making to properly manage municipal infrastructure assets. This guide will show you how to develop an asset management policy, strategy and governance framework for your Canadian municipality.
Learn how to develop asset management practices that are aligned with your municipality's strategic goals. You'll also learn:
- What an asset management system is and how its key components work together
- How to develop the four pillars of your asset management system: a policy, strategy, framework and governance structure
- Ways to communicate your approach to build support for asset management in all departments
- Real-world examples from Canadian municipalities of all sizes that have developed asset management systems
- How to integrate sustainability goals into your asset management practices
This guide is designed for municipal staff and elected officials in Canadian cities and communities of all sizes.
Read the guide.
This free publication was created through FCM's Green Municipal Fund, funded by the Government of Canada.