For over twenty years, Tree Canada has engaged communities, governments, corporations, and individuals in the pursuit of a greener and healthier living environment for Canadians. Under the direction of our 13-member volunteer board of directors, we provide Canadians with education, technical expertise, and resources to plant and care for urban and rural trees. We've planted nearly 80 million trees and greened more than 550 schoolyards across the country.
Planting trees beautifies and rejuvenates backyards, city streets, and parks. It nurtures Canada's heritage of biodiversity and multifaceted landscape. Not only that - it cleans the air. Canadians can breathe easier knowing that every tree planted helps to combat climate change, absorbing carbon dioxide emissions and producing oxygen. Trees naturally cool cities during the summer months, providing shade in scorching heat and habitats for wildlife. A charitable not-for-profit organization, Tree Canada is committed to working with its corporate, government, and individual partners on tree-planting programs, including providing "ReLeaf" to areas suffering damage from natural disasters, offering funding to communities for fruit-bearing trees, providing schools with outdoor classrooms, and more. The trees we plant are a living legacy that benefits communities for decades to come.
Tree Canada will be Canada's #1 trusted resource for urban and rural tree initiatives.
Tree Canada develops programs in partnership with the private and public sectors, communities and individual Canadians, to maintain a healthy environment through sustaining urban and rural forests.
Tree Canada is...
- A results-oriented organization dedicated to the delivery of tangible, tree-related programs
- Dedicated to the principles of stewardship, partnerships and innovation
- An organization responsive to people, that takes pride in giving top notch service
- National in scope, community in focus
- Engaged in the greening of Canada and believes in "Trees to Live"
- Urban Forests - To assist in the advocacy and development of urban forest programs in Canada
- Trees and Carbon Offsets - To demonstrate to Canadians the value of trees in the sequestration of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions
- Awareness - To increase the awareness amongst Canadian corporations, individuals and non-governmental organizations of the environmental benefits of trees and of the need to support Tree Canada to ensure the maintenance and protection of Canadian trees.
- Policy Engagement - To take a proactive role in the development of government policies related to urban forests and the sequestration of CO2 at the national, provincial, and municipal levels.
- Services - To develop and deliver quality services to communities, the private and public sector and individuals.
For more information, visit www.treecanada.ca.