Webinar: Adapting to climate change and reducing GHGs through integrated action
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
1:30 – 2:30 p.m. EST
Are you looking to create plans and policies that address both climate change adaptation and GHG emissions reduction in your municipality?
This webinar discusses best practices in addressing both sides of climate change in an integrated way – from community engagement, through planning, to implementation. Learn about developing plans, policies, partnerships and projects that incorporate both emissions reduction actions and response to climate impacts.
What you will learn
- Understand the link between climate change adaptation and GHG emissions reduction planning
- Learn how to implement adaptation and GHG emissions reduction actions together
- Recognize successful policies based on lessons learned from other municipalities
- Discover examples of plans that have successfully incorporated adaptation and GHG emissions reduction
- Anna Mathewson, MCIP RPP, Manager, Sustainability Office, City of Surrey
- Michael Dean, Climate and Energy Program Coordinator, ICLEI Canada
- Jeremy Schembri, Manager of Climate Change and Energy Management, Region of Peel