Webinar: Best practices in wastewater management
Learn solutions to meet federal and provincial regulations
Thursday, November 16, 2017
1:30–3 p.m. EST
Is your municipality upgrading or building a wastewater treatment facility to meet the 2012 federal Wastewater Systems Effluent Regulations? Is your community trying to understand legislative changes that affect treating wastewater in Quebec? Discover successful strategies and solutions you can use to overcome challenges when upgrading or building a sustainable wastewater facility. We also examine financial, technical, regulatory and project management issues.
- Best practices for small and medium-sized municipalities
- Which strategies and solutions are most effective for improving your wastewater system
- How you can comply with provincial and federal wastewater regulations
- How other municipalities successfully overcame obstacles
- How your community can apply best practices from Réseau Environnement's Programme d'excellence des stations de recuperation des ressources de l'eau (PEX-StaRRE)
You'll also benefit from lessons learned and discover strategies you can apply at all stages of your project, from scoping and procurement, to design, project implementation and, finally, optimization. The information is gathered from our wastewater article series and other case studies.
This webinar is focused on Quebec municipalities, however, the information shared can apply to communities across Canada.
Who should attend
Elected officials and staff with all levels of experience in wastewater projects from small and medium-sized municipalities can attend. Quebec-based wastewater technicians interested in deepening their understanding of best practices may also be interested.
This webinar is presented in French, but you can ask questions in either French or English.
- Alain Lalumière, Project Officer, Réseau Environnement
- Denis Dufour, Water Technician, Service du traitement des eaux, Ville de Québec, QC
- Nathalie Drapeau, Executive Director, Régie intermunicipale de traitement des matières résiduelles de la Gaspésie, City of Grande-Rivière, QC