Webinar: Best practices in wastewater management
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Learn solutions to meet federal and provincial regulations
Is your municipality upgrading or building a wastewater treatment facility to meet the 2012 federal Wastewater Systems Effluent Regulations? Is your community trying to understand legislative changes that affect treating wastewater in Quebec? Discover successful strategies and solutions you can use to overcome challenges when upgrading or building a sustainable wastewater facility. We also examine financial, technical, regulatory and project management issues.
- Best practices for small and medium-sized municipalities
- Which strategies and solutions are most effective for improving your wastewater system
- How you can comply with provincial and federal wastewater regulations
- How other municipalities successfully overcame obstacles
- How your community can apply best practices from Réseau Environnement's Programme d'excellence des stations de recuperation des ressources de l'eau (PEX-StaRRE)
You'll also benefit from lessons learned and discover strategies you can apply at all stages of your project, from scoping and procurement, to design, project implementation and, finally, optimization. The information is gathered from our wastewater article series and other case studies.
This webinar is focused on Quebec municipalities, however, the information shared can apply to communities across Canada.
- Alain Lalumière, Project Officer, Réseau Environnement
- Denis Dufour, Water Technician, Service du traitement des eaux, Ville de Québec, QC
- Nathalie Drapeau, Executive Director, Régie intermunicipale de traitement des matières résiduelles de la Gaspésie, City of Grande-Rivière, QC
Presentations - Delivered in French
Les meilleures pratiques en gestion des eaux usées — Alain Lalumière
25 ans d'optimisation des décanteurs primaires à la station d'épuration ouest de la Ville de Québec — Denis Dufour
Traiter les eaux de compostage par l'irrigation d'une culture de saules — Nathalie Drapeau